Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will impact the organization through their design, development and testing of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and methods. The Principal Mechanical Engineer will be a key member of the Hardware Engineering team by achieving the solution of complex technical problems. S/he oversees the design work of other engineers and outside services and accountable for project coordination and quality as well as schedule and budget adherence, and overall team communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and applies advanced mechanical engineering theories, methods and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex technical problems. Examples: complex thermal analysis of electromechanical systems in outdoor/indoor applications using various CAD techniques; integration of Printed Circuit Cards into various enclosures that requires a high degree of balancing engineering and manufacturing requirements.
- Directs projects or major phases of projects and coordinates the efforts of technical support staff. Examples: Will direct the work of various supplier engineering teams that support the design to meet technical specifications.
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach and organizes means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems. Examples: Can analyze and make recommendation on selection of fabrication methodologies that meet requirements, while providing the best balance of manufacturing processes and cost.
- Establishes and defines the theoretical basis and principles which should apply and estimates time, expenses, equipment, materials and manpower needed for completion of projects.
- Conducts investigations or tests of considerable complexity pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes. Recommends corrections in technical analysis and design to insure project completion.
- Responsibilities include managing existing CAD files and documents in support of the operation.
- Provide design leadership and guidance to other Casa Mechanical Engineers (internationally based) serving wireless & wired products. Span products in order to develop hybrid.
- Approximately 20-30% of time will be spent seeking qualified suppliers for die casting, sheet metal, and plastics.
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ to 15 years of related experience.
- Knowledge and working expertise in Solidworks V2.17 or ProEngineer CAD is required.
- Experience in thermal design, analysis, and modeling of electro-mechanical products is required.
- Structural design modeling and statistical design package experience a plus.
- Experience with industrial and product design from concept through production; Integration of printed circuit board assemblies is required.
- Knowledge and management of rapid prototyping.
- Knowledge of die-casting, sheet metal, injection molding, and CNC machining.
- Knowledge of Power Supply Circuits and Housing
- Able and willing to perform domestic and international travel.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From