Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
Who wouldn’t want to build robots for mass production to the world? As a Principal Manufacturing Engineer for the Global Operations team, you will use your technical expertise to specify and mature the production processes for our newest robotic products with the latest in complex commercial technologies. You will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Operations working in early-design, cross-functional teams of US Research & Development, IT and Bedford and Far East Operations to deliver the best production processes to our high-volume Far East contract manufacturing partners and speed our time-to-market. You will also be called upon to collaborate on assembly process development for next generation robot components/sensors and drive continuous improvement in assembly efficiency, test yields and cost reduction efforts.
The successful candidate is responsible for specifying and improving production fabrication and assembly processes. This responsibility includes:
- Provide assessments of contract manufacturers’ production capabilities and recommend improvement initiatives based on knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly and tooling processes and materials
- Provide Design for Manufacturability & Assembly (DFMA) analysis of NPI product designs
- Provide technical assessment and review of Engineering Change Notices
- Provide root cause analysis of technical issues and develop containment and corrective actions for products and processes at CMs and suppliers
- Work with Far East team members to bring products from prototype to mass production, and evaluate and support existing and new manufacturing partners
- Increase factory process automation by refining product design and influencing CM and supplier selection
- Work with Operations and Research & Development team members to drive cost-reduction and yield-improvement efforts
- Document and present best practices in critical impact areas of Manufacturing Engineering and Process Control between Headquarters and our factories
- Domestic and International Travel: 2-5 trips each year, 1-2 weeks each trip (approximately 4 to 20%) to iRobot offices, contract manufacturers and suppliers
More Jobs From