Do you want to contribute to the future of one of the largest consumer robot companies in the world? As a Principal Connectivity Software Engineer in the Robot OS team you will have an important role in developing the next generation of robots that will live in millions of homes across the world. As a pioneer in the robot industry, our goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst, and change the world by empowering people to do more.
What you will do:
- Develop simple, maintainable, highly reusable embedded software designs that can be leveraged across our product portfolio.
- Understand customer and system requirements and translate that into software requirements and designs.
- Responsible for defining software design best practices, tools, technologies, and templates.
- Define and implement unit tests to help deliver new features.
- Participate in software project planning and execution.
- Coordinate tasks across teams and groups.
- Solve highly complex problems with as simple as possible solutions.
- Write software documentation and test plans.
- Participate in and drive code reviews.
- Support, train, and mentor other team members in design best practices.
- 8+ years of experience in design and implementation of embedded software platforms and applications.
- Software development in C and C++ languages and knowledge of OOP Principles.
- Experience with multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge of networking (e.g. TCP/IP), wireless communications (Wi-Fi, BLE), and/or AWS.
- Debug system issues to understand root-cause and provide suggested fixes.
- Experience working at a consumer electronics company.
Preferred/Additional Skills (Not Required):
- Experience developing in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of communications protocols (e.g. USB, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Knowledge of iOS and Android mobile OS.
- Experience with Yocto, Jenkins and DevOps tools.
- Experience with creating software automation tests in Python.
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM process .
An ideal candidate would exhibit the following behavioral skills:
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Flexible in completing tasks in an ever-changing workplace.
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic