We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Are you passionate about Data? Do you enjoy working with Python, ETL Frameworks, and BI Reporting? Are you intrigued by Investments and Finance? Do you want to join an Innovative Team with a start-up mindset and fortune 100 stability? If Yes, theres a place at Liberty Mutual Investments for you!
At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 Company. Our Investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Principal Investment Data Integration Engineer will architect and build technology to enable Back Office Investment functions (trade flows, accounting, reconciliation, reporting, and automated batch scheduling workflows) for integration with the investments Accounting Book of Record. Knowledge of investment financial data to serve application integration to trading platform and reporting is strongly desired. Prior experience working on Agile scrum teams in a scaled framework is desired.
- Lead and promote architecture decisions for financial data integration of Accounting Book of Record.
- You will possess servant leadership mindset with focus on the collective success of the scrum team to promote iterative delivery of high-quality products to enable the investments business.
- Collaborates with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, Subject Matter Experts, and Development team to define and analyze user stories tracked in Jira.
- Participates in code reviews; identifies defects and resolves collaboratively with development team via Bitbucket.
- Demonstrates solutions and articulates business value to LMI business partners at sprint showcases.
- Actively participates in configuration to support Data Integration.
- Provides oversight and engineering guidance to new and junior engineers.
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 6 - 9+ year experience as Data Integration Engineer with 2+ years of experience as Technical Lead.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server (Programming views, stored procedures, and functions)
- Expertise in Python (ETL tools- Pandas/NumPy, Python unit testing etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server BI technology stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Dimensional Modeling (Kimball etc.), and Data Extraction Utilities.
- Experience with Financial Systems and reporting (Investments accounting/General Ledger)
- Experience in Agile software development practices (story sizing, sprint planning, retrospectives)
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools and reporting solution (PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Experience in integrating large scale financial investment/ERP systems (SimCorp Dimension or similar platform) is a plus.
- Experience with REST API
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket
- Experience with automated testing software (Selenium, Ranorex, Tosca)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline, and DevOps
- Knowledge of Cloud platform technologies (AWS, Azure)
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From