We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an endeavor of Liberty Mutual, Workgrid Software is changing the way enterprise software is built. Our mission is to create beautiful purpose-built software that focuses on improving the employee experience. At Workgrid, we believe employees should be productive, not busy. The amount of systems in today's business environment is overwhelming the workforce. Employees are overloaded with information, spending hours checking and handling their work, finding information, and taking action on menial tasks. This is causing significant communication and productivity issues in the workplace.
Workgrid focuses on creating solutions that tackle the most common and inefficient workplace technology challenges faced by mid-large global businesses. Everything we do is because we believe people have a purpose. We create intuitive experiences that enable human potential by building software that people love!
Be part of our Internet Team!
- Build backend APIs on our global cloud platform using Node on top of AWS
- Work on frontend web applications using React
- Opportunity to work on mobile applications using React Native.
- Collaborate with peers to write or review technical proposals.
- Perform code reviews with team members
- Automate tests
- Work directly with our product and UX team members in creating solutions
- Work directly with customers, understanding how they use the software you create
- Participate (along with your team) in supporting the applications and APIs you write (you build it, you run it)
- You take security seriously and integrate security into all software that you write
- Bachelors degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 5-7+ years of professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Constantly researching new best practices in development and current on the latest trends
- Creative thinking and high attention to details
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies. Business function(s) and of business operations
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Detailed understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- Collaboration, prioritization, and flexibility skills required!
- 2+ years experience with Node and/or React
- A passion to develop software that delights our customers
- Enjoys the craft of software development
- Builds quality into the software you write
- You have a curiosity about how things work
- An ability to collaborate in a team atmosphere
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your positive attitude and technical ability
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better
- You write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability
- When things break, you are eager and able to help fix things
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From