Upserve is looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer with a design-centric approach and a passion for mentoring to join our web applications team. This team designs and creates both core and supplemental products for Upserves customers. Frontend Engineers on this team create compelling and functional UX in collaboration with backend engineers to meet new and existing product requirements with robust, maintainable solutions.
What Youll Do
- Be a technical leader, gaining ownership and mutual respect over existing and new areas of the product, and collaboratively design with our customers needs as paramount.
- Imbue your team with passion for delightful user experiences.
- Drive quality and testing methodologies to ensure only robust solutions are delivered.
- Create maintainable solutions that meet Product and Engineering needs to grow the business.
- Collaborate with our Product and UX teams to disambiguate requirements and understand context to create the appropriate interfaces.
- Participate in sprint planning, code reviews, and retrospectives.
- Guide and mentor other engineers.
Who You Are
- You understand the web is consumed on many varied platforms with many varied levels of connectivity and bandwidth, and you design accordingly.
- You are an experienced and passionate technical leader who is comfortable defining technical solutions to stimulating challenges.
- You believe in building robust, rigorously-tested systems and components, and driving our quality bar cross-functionally.
- You take pride in your work and the value that it creates, enabling instrumentation and diagnostics post-release phase.
- You are a pragmatic idealist -- you strive for efficient and practical solutions not just theoretically ideal ones.
- You are a believer in moving fast with care and quality as key tenets.
- You enjoy talking about user functionality as much as you enjoy talking about functional programming.
- You feel a tremendous sense of urgency to get value to end users, and you tap into that energy to drive, lead, and motivate your colleagues.
- You get excited about types and algorithms, and know when to choose the right data structure for the right task.
* NOTE: This role is fully remote.