Indigo has a number of open roles for software engineers to build the transportation platform we use for moving grain after purchase on the marketplace. Software engineering tasks range from modeling the logic for a truck workflow, designing interfaces against design mockups, to writing form validation logic supporting a network of tens of thousands of carriers.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Experience designing, implementing, and shipping production UI code (not necessarily related to logistics or shipping)
- Having built the wrong system enough times to avoid the common pitfalls, whether building something personally or advising others
- Willingness to debug problems across the stack, such as networking issues, performance problems, or memory leaks
You might be a good fit if you:
- Know your way around a Unix shell
- Are self-directed and enjoy designing great mobile experiences, as well as figuring out the most important problem to work on
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Are detail oriented, and like to get the system working but know when to cut corners versus getting it exactly right
- Are interested in leading a team of engineers with future managerial responsibilities
In this role, you will work on a team with a mix of web and mobile developers towards a common goal.
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The companys scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and So Paulo, Brazil.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
Generous time off
Flexible work hours
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.