About The Team
Were passionate about helping hard-working entrepreneurs grow their property management businesses. Were a collective of uniquely talented individuals who are at the top of our game and are determined to get better at what we do every day. Our determination to make our customers lives better and break records is contagiousyou find yourself becoming intensely passionate about the work that we do, even if the property management industry was never on your radar before you got here.
We are looking for a principal software engineer to help establish and lead our new payments platform team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical leader to make an immediate impact in a key part of Buildium's business while growing as a technical contributor, a mentor, and a leader. This position reports to our Director of Technology.
What You'll Do
- Work in two-week sprints building new features and enhancing existing features of the Buildium platform using technologies like C#, ASP.NET Web API, MySql, and Angular.
- Work with engineering leadership to establish and prioritize a roadmap and set the technical direction of the team.
- Analyze our current payments code and propose and implement improvements to increase resilience of our payments platform
- Lead a team of engineers to make both short term and long term improvements to our payments platform
- Be a positive influence on the team through design reviews, collaborating with and mentoring other developers on the team, and ensuring adherence to coding and testing standards.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies, .NET, microservices, cloud computing (AWS), and automated unit testing.
- Participate in our engineering guilds, focus groups, and tech talks to contribute to the research and implementation of new technologies, tools, and architectural patterns.
A detail-oriented, tenacious problem solver with all or most of the following qualifications:
- 8-10 years of experience developing software
- Experience leading teams
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and work independently
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences with ease
- Hands-on experience working with and creating REST web services and APIs
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Parental leave
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch Thursdays
- Ping Pong, Foosball, etc
- Free snacks
At Buildium were always looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic professionals who want to join our team. Our vision is to create a 100-year company with a mission of helping small businesses succeed all while setting the highest standard for the way business should be done. Those arent just words on our wall they are words we live by. We love what we do. We love what were building. And we love our customers. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
Buildium, a RealPage company, is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.