The Infrastructure Engineering group (IE) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area of our company allow us exceptional latitude and agility. Were using that to build world-class, multi-provider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
Within the IE group, DevOps Engineers are subject matter experts for cloud technologies, performing product selection, creating infrastructure code, providing costing guidance, and acting as SME and primary support for their management, upgrades, and automation. As Zoom deepens its reliance on machine learning and new data technologies, and expands its infrastructure to multiple cloud providers, this teams responsibilities continue to expand.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer focused on Data Infrastructure, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining our cloud infrastructure across Amazon, Google, and Azure platforms and training team members for secondary support roles. You will have a focus on data infrastructure, including our search infrastructure and supporting our data processing pipelines.
Principal staff in Zoom Engineering are given autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of Engineering, and the companys broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, in a fast-paced work environment appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Creating and managing existing infrastructure for Data technologies.
- Product review and selection for existing and new technologies.
- Working hands on with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, and Azure).
- Infrastructure, build, and config management development and code review.
- Automation of infrastructure creation and updates.
- Internal support for the infrastructure tools used by the IDO team.
- Configuration and management of Linux-based tools and third-party cloud services.
- Championing best practices and standards within the team, and in the broader Engineering organization.
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of the above.
- Mentor junior infrastructure engineering staff.
- Experience creating, deploying, maintaining the following technologies: ElasticSearch, Kafka, Apache Solr (3+ years).
- Experience creating, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images (3+ years).
- Experience scoping, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters (2+ years).
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment technologies, such as Helm (2+ years).
- Experience managing Linux systems in virtual environments (5+ years).
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase in any language, preferably collaboratively (Java, Node, Python, Go, Groovy, Terraform preferred).
- Experience with PaaS technologies (EKS, Google Kubernetes Engine).
- Experience managing infrastructure on a cloud provider. Google Cloud and AWS experience preferred, at least one (2+ years).
- Experience with a centralized logging solution (New Relic, ELK, DataDog, Splunk, SumoLogic, GreyLog) (2+ years).
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD and related concepts as well as experience working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, etc.).
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud.
- Slack-native mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Ability to plan and manage project work on complex projects.
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.