Principal Developer - Design Systems Team
Dell Boomi is a highly collaborative, rapidly-growing product development company that designs cloud-based integration software for enterprise architects, data stewards, business analysts, and administrators. The products we design enable our customers to build complex processes with ease and familiarity through a visual, drag & drop interface; manage and synchronize data across domains; and control the creation, deployment and management of APIs. Boomi is consistently named as a leader in iPaaS, and as one of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work. We have a new office in Cambridge, MA that we’re actively growing. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com
We’re looking for a Principal level experienced Developer to help drive development best practices at Boomi. You’ll be working on a team with representatives from all disciplines, including close collaboration with the UX team, to communicate and enable implementation of UX standards and guidelines throughout Boomi’s product line.
The individual we are looking for will be comfortable seeing initiatives through from technical design to completion. Individuals should be able to work independently, researching and proposing solutions, with the ability to candidly discuss the costs and benefits of these solutions with larger teams and management. Mentorship and guidance experience of other developers will be a component of this role.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, responsive design, and accessibility including WCAG and ARIA
- Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle including source control systems like Git
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team-based environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment testing environments
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks and the ability to research, validate, and recommend technologies for new solutions. Must understand and articulate the impacts and cost
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Deliver Quality Software and work as a member of an agile, interdisciplinary team to deliver high-quality software on a regular cadence
- Gather information to help formulate acceptance criteria, be a user advocate, and be comfortable challenging and discussing the intent of stories to surface edge cases and improve outcomes
- Guide and participate in design, development, and unit testing of our product with an understanding of how our work enables and impacts other teams
- Demonstrate Cross-Team Impact
- Mentor other Boomi engineers, including through design collaboration and code reviews.
- Be an early pioneer in new ways of doing things, be willing to critique and discuss the benefits and costs and be willing to share the experience with other developers.
- Take core design decisions and understand how they apply across whichever toolset a group of developers is using.
- Be a subject matter expert and be willing and able to answer questions from other development teams
Strong Candidate Will:
- Possess strong Domain Knowledge
- Robust knowledge of semantic HTML and CSS and recent experience in building Responsive Design
- Familiarity and experience with Accessibility standards and development practices
- Ability to work independently with a moderate level of guidance and on a distributed team in multiple locations
- Be opinionated and conscientious, willing to negotiate for your beliefs with a sensitivity to the context and cost
- Have willingness to explore options and challenge current standards. Backs opinions with reason and demonstrable evidence. Understands impacts of proposed changes
- Ability to assess processes with an eye toward improvement and simplification, provide guidance and mentorship across the organization
- Have excellent communication skills and be prepared to advocate for solutions, develop and socialize training materials, and in other ways work to improve and define best-practices (In this role, you will be instrumental in providing education and enablement throughout the department)
Dell Technologies: With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team member’s health and wellness are our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.