Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
We are seeking an exceptional Principle Design Strategist to join our design team in Boston. As an experienced UX Design Strategist, you have experience uncovering human-centered insights and developing innovative strategies with compelling solutions. With a passion for people who work with digital video, you ensure our customer is represented in everything we do, from research, ideation, development, and release. Understanding the importance of whole team buy-in you lead your project peers through the design process, whether its running field research, mapping experiences, facilitating a design sprint, creating prototypes and wireframes, or running a usability test. You are eager to flex your strategic, research and UX skills, and leap at the chance to mentor and manage team members.
- Pair with Product Management in defining the business model, value proposition and product vision.
- Pair with Project management to design milestones and deliverables.
- Carry the corporate brand strategy into the user experience.
- Plan and conduct user research with the ability to analyze, synthesize, interpret, and explain the results to a variety of audiences.
- Plan and facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to envision solutions. Help drive a cross-functional team consensus on the best path to take for the users experience.
- Document and communicate outcomes in a clear, effective, and visually-appealing manner.
- Actively lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute on the envisioned experience.
- Evangelize and advocate for user research, user-centered design philosophy, and UX/design best practices.
- Mentor team members in the art of research, strategy and/or UX.
- Work independently under general prioritization and guidance of the Design VP.
- Managing a co-located team is an option.
- Bachelors or Masters degree desired with a focus in User Experience Design, Design Strategy, or Service Design strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience developing products in design, marketing or consulting (design thinking, personas, journey maps, service design, product development, ideation).
- 5+ years of experience with a focus on product and business strategy.
- Experience doing hands-on qualitative research, analysis, and synthesis (ethnographic research, qualitative research, design anthropology).
- Design Thinking experience with the ability to plan, facilitate and summarize the outcomes of workshops, and lead teams from idea to delivery.
- Strong consultative skills, capable problem-solving abilities, and ability to build consensus.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.
- Experience working in an Agile development.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to conduct user research.
- Experience and interest in managing a design team a plus.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!