Mimecast is seeking a passionate, strategic Principal Customer Success Manager to join our team and serve as a trusted advisor to our large enterprise customers. In this highly visible role, the Principal Customer Success Manager will be accountable for successful adoption and value realization for the product and services our customers have purchased. They are responsible for representing Mimecast’s most strategic enterprise customers within the business, collaborating and building strong relationships with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product, Engineering) to ensure customer delight. They are the custodians of the Mimecast experience within that base with demonstrated success in guiding customers through the different stages of their lifecycle, with a specific focus on adoption. The Principal Customer Success Manager is a complex, demanding role with many outcomes expected.
This ideal candidate has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is proactive, organized and reliable at all levels, always delivering on their promises and meeting deadlines being a part of their DNA. The Principal CSM must be flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure from all areas while producing high quality work that conforms to the demands of a key customer base with extremely high standards and expectations. This role requires an individual to be empathetic on a business level, ability to build trust, strong planning skills, sound technical orientation, excellent relationship building skills, and strategic execution ability to drive maximum adoption of the Mimecast product.
- Set the overall Customer Success vision and plan for the customer; Develop, review, and implement Customer Account Plans for the designated base to deliver on the outcomes of the Customer Success Strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate level of technical knowledge to aid in customer adoption including onboarding, training, and general retention efforts.
- Drive value-based conversations related to adoption.
- Build strong relationships within all levels of customer’s organization onsite and remote.
- Serve as main “go-to”/escalation for assigned Enterprise Accounts to come to with questions, concerns and other help requests.
- Being decisive and confident where required to execute on customer requirements within agreed upon timeframes.
- Develop and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Gaining permission from happy customers to use their feedback in various forms of reference activities.
- Engage customers with deep knowledge of Mimecast products, solutions, and strategies as well as experience and best practices gleaned from relevant past customer situations.
- Protecting ARR via customer retention and satisfaction programs derived from the Customer Success Strategy.
- Build strong relationships to help proactively mitigate the risk of churn. Ensure Mimecast is part of the budget planning process and ensure there are no surprises from our largest customers.
- Drive a consistent cadence of client coverage activities designed to increase likelihood of renweals – review status, answer questions, and other guidance.
- Support renewals for Enterprise segment and Strategic Enterprise segment
- Increase the value of the Mimecast service within the customer base by ensuring feature utilization including end user applications.
- For customers @Risk, regular updates will need to be provided to appropriate management and documented within the CRM System.
General Customer Management
- Be a known point of contact for relationship building for these customers, including escalations where required.
- A process-oriented and metrics-driven mindset (Adoption Metrics, Customer Satisfaction, Customer Issue Resolution, Churn), combined with empathy for customers and their needs
- Comfortable with relationships at the executive level both with customers and within Mimecast.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve customer problems where appropriate, alternatively to be able to escalate where required and use additional internal resources as needed
- Drive customer education through training awareness and attendance, as well as ability to share knowledge and demonstrate or train when required
- Methodical and diligent record keeping within the CRM system to illustrate engagement levels and value added.
- Relationship building at all levels of an organization through proactive contact including face to face, phone, email, and webinars.
- Management of key deployment projects where required in customers, coordinating various parties across the business to deliver on the required outcomes.
- Possess strong business and financial acumen to plan strategically in client base NPV, Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost to acquire, cost to serve.
- Support the Customer Development Manager and Licensing team on renewal negotiation, contract and SLA management.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product, Engineering)
- Create and identify opportunities in assigned accounts and develop strategies/account pland in conjunction with the Customer Development /Strategic Account Executive to execute agains opportunities.
- Provide post-sales orchestration of all company wide and partner reesources to provide a unified path to Customer Success.
- Execute Account plans to further qualify and pursue opportunities, including leading the sales process for all qualified opportunities.
- Able to engage high-level staff of internal teams to resolve customer issues.
- Actively interacts at team meetings with high-value insights and questions.
- Assert positive influence on other internal organizations.
- Can create and drive cross functional teams to move the needle on strategic and highly impactful initiatives.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 10 years experience in a relevant role with at least 5 years in a strategic/enterprise account management role, strong technical acumen.
- Exceellent customer, partner and market orientation in software and subscription services.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring customer successfully adopt and realize value from subscription software and services.
- Excellent people skills i.e. ability to build relationships, networking and understanding channel complexities
- Experience driving value-based conversations related to adoption; strong technical knowledge to aid in customer adoption is a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, at the executive level, can generate executive summaries to Mimecast Executives and large Enterprise Customers
- Experience working with multiple levels of customer stakeholders – technical admins, team leaders, C level executives, legal, compliance, and procurement contacts
- Planning and time management skills to consistently execute within parameters
- Risk forecasting and reporting – adherence to internal deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office and other business tools to communicate and/or present professionally to customers
- Business skills and financial acumen to plan strategically against business levers such as NPV, Margin, C2S etc.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Revenue protection through retention and risk avoidance. Ensuring customers are adopting the service to obtain the highest value.
- Customer survey follow-up including CXi NPS and Mood surveys. Increase customer references within the base (including quotes, verbal references, case studies, testimonials, referrals etc.).
- Management and tracking of customer engagement within the CRM tool including daily interactions and more formal interactions such as service reviews and quarterly business reviews.
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.