Principal Cloud Software Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Principal Cloud Software Engineer is responsible for multiple aspects of the Global Finance Technology application portfolio including support, maintenance, performance, security, cost optimization, architecture and strategy. Software Engineer will work closely with operational delivery teams, application owners, architects and business analysts to align technology roadmaps and best practices with global business strategies.
- Provides oversight and support of multiple Finance Applications in a cloud computing environment (Primarily AWS with some Azure)
- Defines and maintains standards, guidelines, and quality of service criteria for implementing and supporting existing and new cloud-based landscapes and tools.
- Leads technical performance and security compliance assessments of Finance applications and bolt on tools.
- Maintaining an understanding of current technologies, their trends, business strategies and capabilities.
- Accountable for regular performance review and reporting of all cloud systems
- Evaluate, test and provide recommendations for new tools for enterprise administration and performance management
- Identify and implements appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Completes other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience supporting AWS environments, preferably hosting SAP and/or Finance applications
- Experience supporting cloud environments running Linux (SUSE, RHEL)
- Proficient in scripting (JSON, YAML or Python preferred) or strong Shell/Bash.
- Experience with three or more of the following CFT (Cloud Formation), S3, Lambda, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, SNS
- Experience with DevOps and supporting technologies (GIT, Bamboo)
- Experience with security IAM (Identity and Access Management) in a CI/CD pipeline preferred
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits -
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From