ERT Boston is hiring for a Prinicipal Business Intelligence Engineer to architect, design, and develop Business Intelligence for product solutions across ERT business lines.
Collaborates with Product Management and senior leaders to architect, design, develop and support BI product solutions across ERT business lines. Will be a lead contributor to defining strategy, architecture and standards for BI reporting and analytics and will work closely with product vendors as needed and ERT technical teams, evaluate alternative software solutions and approaches as needed to ensure that BI reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for contributing to the BI architecture decisions and able to understand the current state, existing gaps and recommendations to improve
- Deliver high quality, well tested and highly scalable software solutions
- Work closely with Data architect, ETL, and BI development teams to ensure the overall design and implementation meets the requirements for BI reporting.
- Build internal relationships and communicate effectively and appropriately to advance agendas or technical direction through credibility and influence.
- Ensure that solutions are designed, developed and maintained following the SDLC processes.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead projects as needed
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- 10+ years’ experience in software development with increasing responsibly in architecture and design.
- Advanced technical SQL experience including ability to develop and optimize views, functions, and queries
- Solid understanding of data modeling, process modeling and data base design concepts
- Has broad understanding of BI space. Familiar with DWH concepts and principles. Has knowledge of Big Data environment.
- Experience using third party web UI libraries such as jQuery, D3, Angular, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities
- Experience with Business Analysis
- Exceptional verbal and communication skills.
- Experience with clinical trial industry data standards such as CDISC ODM and SDTM is desirable.
- Experience designing and developing solutions in a Cloud architecture is desirable.
- Demonstrate ability to think broadly, anticipate future needs and to lead by embracing change when needed.
- Masters in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
More Jobs From