Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is seeking a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst to join the FP&A team. The Business Intelligence function under FP&A is responsible for the analytical rigor behind reporting, forecasting, and financial modeling that enable day-to-day and strategic decisions. The ideal candidate should be a logical thinker who excels at complex problem-solving and is able to synthesize information from disparate data sources for a wide range of audiences.
Primary day-to-day responsibilities will require digging into data and executing analyses that support decisions that are immediately impactful. This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations and process improvement with a focus on data analytics. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, curiosity, an interest in solving data problems, and the ability to translate data insights into proposed clear, logical and motivating actions.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with functional VPs, Directors, and other senior management providing specialized support to enable decision-making
- Work in cross-functional teams to define and implement business and technical definitions of company-wide metrics
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly and quarterly operational and financial reporting
- Identify and analyze trends to highlight problems to address or opportunities to pursue
- Analyze existing and potential market opportunity to enable decisions on sales strategy
- Analyze the companys financial performance
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams on data integrity and process improvements
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience in BI, Operations, FP&A or another analytical role
- Proficient with SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Comfort with complex interconnected logic and ambiguity
- Looker, Tableau or another BI tool experience a plus
- Experience in technology and SaaS preferred
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From