Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Principal Antenna Design Engineer to join our growing engineering team located in our Andover, MA, USA, headquarters which located approximately 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Principal Antenna Design Engineer will lead mmWave antenna design for 5G wireless infrastructure products, working with state of the art MMICs and PCB technologies to design phased array antenna systems operating in the 26-60GHz range.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop antenna requirements.
- Design, simulate, and verify operation with mmWave up/down converters and transceivers.
- Design simulate, and validate phased array antennas.
- Drive antenna design from concept through production release.
- Develop test plans and specifications, conduct design reviews, identify and mitigate risk.
- Direct and perform DVT and system-level performance validation.
- Direct ODM/JDM development partners.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- 10+ to 15 years of relevant work experience in Microwave circuit and antenna design (mmWave preferred) from inception to market.
- Knowledge of PCB characteristics at mmWave frequencies.
- Proficiency in matching techniques at mmWave frequencies.
- Knowledge of mmWave propagation characteristics.
- Hands on experience with antenna testing methodologies.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools, preferably Mentor Graphics DXD, Cadence OrCAD/Allegro.
- Hands-on experience with design and analysis tools including HFSS, ADS, MATLAB.
- Familiarity with RF lab test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal/Modulation Analyzers, and RF Signal Generators.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the DFx (design for cost, test, manufacturing) process.
- Demonstrated contribution to entire product development cycle.
- Able to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with ODM/JDM product development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From