Principal Analyst, Cruise
Principal Analyst, Cruise
TripAdvisors Flights, Cruise & Cars Analytics team is looking for a hands-on analyst with a strong balance of analytical, technical, and business skills and the ability to multi-task and support numerous internal business users. Your efforts will contribute to driving traffic and revenue growth for both the recently launched Cruise on TripAdvisor as well the market leading Cruise Critic brand.
As the Principal Analyst supporting a single business unit (Cruise) with two distinct sites (CruiseCritic and Cruise on TripAdvisor) you will have the unique challenge and opportunity to work across technologies and adapt insights and knowledge from one site to the next. You will be expected to work meaningfully with millions of rows of site and partner data. Your efforts will be highly visible as insights and reporting will be shared team-wide and with external partners. You will work and collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Editorial in our Needham, MA and Ewing, NJ offices.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry tech brand. Youll be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
What Youll Do:
- Take a leadership role in both your individual work as well as mentor cross-team analysts, ensuring quality standards are held.
- Proactively drive innovation and change ensuring new ideas come into the team and are embedded as approaches.
- Solve complex business problems using BI tools, SQL and Hive data extractions, forecasting methods, and predictive and statistical models. Communicate results and insights via clear and concise visualizations and reporting.
- Lead and form analysis/reporting of current business operating metrics, focused on developing the capability to provide insight into CruiseCritic and Cruise on TripAdvisor's products and improving our understanding of our market-by-market customer propositions and competitor positioning
- Understand strategic roadmaps and actively influence these driving actionable change, ensuring you are creating your own roadmaps that fit these strategies
- Drive timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making, ensuring other analysts are working collaboratively to drive the same.
- Create concepts, justify business cases and analyzechanges to the website experience to improve customer engagement and value metrics
- Work across all aspects of our e-commerce platform (consumer supplier sales etc.) to understand holistic business performance, and how these fit to the broader strategy. Build a deep knowledge, and become a subject area expert.
- Lead on the measurement ofA/B testing or multivariate testing analysis to provide insights of true business impact, using deep dive to explore results
- Use clickstream analytics and transactional data to identify sources of traffic and with which areas of the site, content and functionality users are engaging, and drive solutions.
- Actively work with BI Engineers to drive optimal data structures and approaches.
- Employ/automate reporting tools to measure customer interaction (such as acquisition of members, engagement metrics, and member user value) and competitor positioning (such as reach and page impression growth, content feature set, and marketing activities)
- Run analysis of consumer and member behavior across the websites, using internal warehouse data and tools to identify source of traffic and which areas of the site, content and functionality users are engaging in
- Identify key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting
- Lead and organize ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves
- Fully embrace an informal coaching relationship with more junior analysts.
What We Seek
- 5-8 years experience in an analytical role (web analytics, data science, statistics).
- Bachelors degree with quantitative discipline (engineering, mathematics, statistics, and/or analytics). Masters Degree a plus.
- Proactive not reactive work ethic with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- An individual with a willingness to travel in order to have quality face to face time with business partners in both the TripAdvisor headquarters in Needham, MA and the Ewing, NJ home of CruiseCritic.
- Advanced SQL and knowledge of database table structures.
- Advanced proficiency with Tableau, PowerBI, or other visualization tool(s).
- Experience with Adobe
- Proficiency with Excel and pivot tables.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience working within the generally accepted business analysis process.
- Ability to translate and present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into succinct actionable and measurable steps.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines. Experience with Agile Development a plus.
- Ability to partner with Data Scientist and Data Warehouse Analysts as well as mentor Analysts just beginning their careers.
- A strong commitment to data quality control with an ability to identify issues and actively work to prevent/minimize data issues from happening.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Emotional and professional maturity. Great people skills.
- Willingness to learn new analysis techniques, tools, and technologies.
- Integrity, honesty, and accountability, both personally and on behalf of TripAdvisor.
- Adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Curious and tenacious. Not afraid to ask questions, probe for information, and challenge assumptions.
- Love data.
- Motivation to help improve the Cruise business using data-backed insights
- Desire to cultivate a knowledge of the metrics used to measure the Cruise business. Passionate about TripAdvisor and its marketplace
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, TripAdvisor is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race,ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.