Office Tour Photos
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
This Principal Analyst will be responsible for analyzing auction and campaign data to ensure consistent operations as well as identify areas for improvement. Work cross-functionally within EverQuotes internal stakeholders, and serve as a lead analyst for all things Distribution Services within ownership verticals. This role will have the opportunity to own and drive growth initiatives across the platform and take on increasing responsibility.
The ideal candidate blends complementary skills including being driven, analytical and collaborative. You are data driven at heart, leveraging core statistical principles to help us separate the signal from the noise, and ensure our decisions are backed with your analytical rigor. You will combine the ability to plan out complex projects with the capability to pivot as new data and opportunities are discovered.
- Own the bidding algorithms that we will use to acquire consumers from ideation to execution
- Act as the lead analyst to help contribute to the design of sustainable strategies for acquiring the right consumers at the right times to fuel our business
- Constantly look for opportunities to create better workflows and processes to increase productivity and reduce inconsistencies for traffic acquisition.
- Develop a deep understanding of both the auction we are bidding into as well as our own
- Work with and support traffic, development, product and distribution teams
- Build business cases and analytical insight for new initiatives. This requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Be responsible for setting the vision, roadmap and overall strategy for impactful growth and tying it back to broader company wide goals.
- Monitor and make improvements to ongoing campaigns and employ A/B testing and other testing protocols to ensure optimal performance
- 5+ years of analytics experience
- You know your way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it.
- A proven track record of turning business problems into business solutions using data, automation, and statistics
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- You ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Excellent communication to effectively and efficiently articulate both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual contributors
- Understanding of core statistical concepts, including Hypothesis Testing, confidence intervals probability distributions, time series analysis
- Practical knowledge of SQL, and experience using structured query language to extract data from databases, including joining tables when necessary
- Experience with analytical toolsets (e.g. Excel, R, Python)
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data, with unmatched opportunity in the insurance vertical as we expand across new verticals and service offerings
- This role offers a highly unique learning and development opportunity
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock and a relaxed & flexible work environment
More Jobs From