EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
This Principal Analyst will be responsible for the development and evolution of the real-time bidding algorithms used for our Verified Partner Network platform while coordinating across Product, Traffic, Data Science and their respective engineering teams. This role will have the opportunity to own and drive growth initiatives across the platform and take on increasing responsibility.
The ideal candidate blends complementary skills including being driven, analytical and collaborative. You are data driven at heart, leveraging core statistical principles to help us separate the signal from the noise, and ensure our decisions are backed with your analytical rigor. You will combine the ability to plan out complex projects with the capability to pivot as new data and opportunities are discovered.
- Own the bidding algorithms that we will use to acquire consumers from ideation to execution
- Act as the lead analyst to help contribute to the design of sustainable strategies for acquiring the right consumers at the right times to fuel our business
- Constantly look for opportunities to create better workflows and processes to increase productivity and reduce inconsistencies for traffic acquisition.
- Develop a deep understanding of both our supply partners auctions as well as our own.
- Work with and support development and product teams
- Build business cases and analytical insight for new initiatives. This requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Be responsible for setting the vision, roadmap and overall strategy for impactful growth and tying it back to broader company-wide goals.
- Monitor and make improvements to ongoing campaigns and employ A/B testing and other testing protocols to ensure optimal performance
- 5+ years of experience, ideally in a large high traffic organization
- You may have worked on real-time bidding (RTB) platform in the past
- You know your way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it.
- A proven track record of turning business problems into business solutions using data, automation, and statistics
- Uses a combination of metrics, research, and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- You ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Excellent communication to effectively and efficiently articulate both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual contributors. Ability to write and or guide clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Exercises good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.
- Understanding of core statistical concepts, including Hypothesis Testing, confidence intervals probability distributions, time series analysis
- Practical knowledge of SQL, and experience using structured query language to extract data from databases, including joining tables when necessary
- Experience with analytical toolsets (e.g. R or Python)
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data, with unmatched opportunity in the insurance vertical as we expand across new verticals and service offerings
- This role offers a highly unique learning and development opportunity
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment