Pricing Systems Analyst/Senior Analyst
Pricing Strategy Analyst/Senior Analyst
Wayfair is seeking an analytical, highly quantitative, and team-oriented individual to join the Pricing Catalog Strategy & Operations team.
Leveraging savvy business acumen and analytics, the team powers data-driven solutions for management of Wayfairs billion-dollar P&L . Collaborative efforts across business partners and data science fuel creative problem solving and tactical implementation. This tight-knit team has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive high impact decisions with unique executive-level visibility. Analysts deep-dive into vast, proprietary datasets, constructing scalable models and processes that power strategic initiatives. Engagement with cross-functional partners as a thought leader empowers analysts to harness data insights and steer high-impact decisions. Strong candidates possess entrepreneurial drive, a passion for data, and eagerness to work in a highly collaborative environment.
In this role:
- You will build and maintain the proprietary dynamic pricing and product exposure systems, a highly complex and powerful set of algorithms, data structures, and business logic that optimizes millions of products on a daily basis, and has a direct impact to how our products are displayed across our site. You will use analytics to adapt to rapid Wayfair changes that challenge and advance these core systems, such as a growing warehouse footprint or emerging promotional levers like Flash Deals, and work closely with business partners to align on strategic goals and data scientists to design experiments and solutions to problems using cutting edge AI and machine learning algorithms
- Example project:
- As we scale our warehouse network, we face periods in which we are capacity constrained within certain areas/storage types that prevent additional products from being received into the warehouse. Due to concerns around our bottom line and operational limitations, we want to avoid simply liquidating products and instead take a data-driven approach to optimize for inventory space at the lowest cost to Wayfair. We work with partners in inventory planning and algorithms to develop this optimization process that leverages product pricing to achieve warehouse and profit goals.
Ideal Qualities and Experience:
- Structured and logical thinker with an affinity for data
- Strong quantitative skills ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong business acumen ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Strong communication skills ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Intellectually curious, high energy, with a strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high stakes team environment
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or an interest in learning SQL
- Bachelors degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (economics, math, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.)
- 1+ years of work experience in an analytical, consulting, technology startup, and/or client-facing role