Pricing Systems Analyst/Senior Analyst
Pricing Systems Analyst/Senior Analyst
Wayfair is seeking an analytical, highly quantitative, and team-oriented individual to join the Pricing Catalog Strategy & Operations team.
Leveraging savvy business acumen and analytics, the team powers data-driven solutions for management of Wayfairs billion-dollar P&L . Collaborative efforts across business partners and data science fuel creative problem solving and tactical implementations. This tight-knit team has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive high impact decisions with unique executive-level visibility. Analysts deep-dive into vast, proprietary datasets, constructing scalable models and processes that power strategic initiatives. Engagement with cross-functional partners as a thought leader empowers analysts to harness data insights and steer high-impact decisions. Strong candidates possess entrepreneurial drive, a passion for data, and eagerness to work in a highly collaborative environment.
In this role:
- You will build and maintain the proprietary dynamic pricing and product exposure systems, a highly complex and powerful set of algorithms, data structures, and business logic that optimizes millions of products on a daily basis, and has a direct impact to how our products are displayed across our site. You will use analytics to adapt to rapid Wayfair changes that challenge and advance these core systems, such as a growing warehouse footprint or emerging promotional levers like Flash Deals, and work closely with business partners to align on strategic goals and data scientists to design experiments and solutions to problems using cutting edge AI and machine learning algorithms
- Example project:
- As we scale our warehouse network, we face periods in which we are capacity constrained within certain locations that prevent additional products from being received into the warehouse. Due to concerns around our bottom line and operational limitations, we want to avoid simply liquidating products and instead take a data-driven approach to optimize for inventory space at the lowest cost to Wayfair. We work with partners in inventory planning and algorithms to develop this optimization process that leverages product pricing to achieve warehouse and profit goals.
Ideal Qualities and Experience:
- Structured and logical thinker with an affinity for data
- Strong quantitative skills ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong business acumen ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Strong communication skills ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Intellectually curious, high energy, with a strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high stakes team environment
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or an interest in learning SQL
- Experience with Python, R, Stata, or other programming languages and statistical software are welcome but not required
- Bachelors degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.)
- 0-5 years of work experience in an analytical, consulting, technology startup, and/or client-facing role
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home dcor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home dcor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.