Pre-Sales Engineer (Boston)
· Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly products/services sales goals.
· Provide extensive tactical and strategic pre-sales support for the Tufin inside sales team.
· Identify and develop business opportunities with potential customers/channels/partner.
· Provide technical pre-sales support to various entities for the purpose of promoting and selling Tufin products/ services. Entities include: potential customers, existing customers, partners, and resellers. Pre-sales activities will also include close interaction with internal groups such as product management, marketing, R&D and post-sales support.
· Initiate and manage numerous remote proof of concept installations.
· Training partners and resellers on the proper positioning and technical sales of Tufin products.
· Interfacing with R&D & Product Management for the purpose of articulating collected RFEs and the associated business cases
· Ongoing collection and dissemination of technical competitive information
· Execute responsibilities using all possible media and methods including conference calls, emails, web demonstrations, on site visits, public presentations, trade show attendance and more.
Experience and Skills:
· 2+ years firewall experience and 7+ years customer-facing
· Practiced experience with development, delivery and deployment
· Ability to work in a team sales environment, participating in sales strategies as well as individual stand-alone sales activities.
· Ability to understand the highly charged sales situations and hidden agendas
· Highly developed interpersonal skill
· Strong presentation and pitch skills
· Ability to rapidly understand and articulate new technology.
· A high sense of urgency and deep interest in serving the customer.
· Hands on functional experience with multiple firewalls platforms to include some of the following:
· Check Point Firewall-1, Provider-1, and VSX
· Cisco FWSM, CSM, ASA, routers and switches
· Juniper Firewalls and NSM
· Fortinet Fortigate
· Palo Alto
· Cloud Security (NSX, OpenStack, AWS etc…)
· A deep current and historical understanding of firewall and security architectures.
· A strong working knowledge of application development cycles, delivery and deployment
· Hands on functional understanding of supporting technologies such as SSH, LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, TACACS, SIM, and event correlation.
· Hands on functional understanding of parallel technologies such a VMWare, APT, Cloud (AWS, Azure, NSX, OpenStack) and F5.
· Hands on, strong functional understanding of networking
- Knowledge & Experience in Linux – a must.
- Knowledge & Experience with scripting (Bash, Python) – desired
- Knowledge & Experience developing in C and Java – a plus
· Required travel could reach 50% at times
· Some international travel is required