GreatHorn is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Pre-Sales / Solutions Engineer, to help us continue to rapidly grow the GreatHorn go-to-market team, handle all technical aspects of the pre-sales lifecycle, and ensure that prospective clients have a positive experience with the GreatHorn email security platform.
You are an excellent communicator, love working with prospects at different technical and managerial levels across different industries, and thrive in hypergrowth startup environments. You are excited by the opportunity to interact with both security analysts and email administrators as well as CISOs and VPs of IT, running demonstrations of the GreatHorn platform, understanding technical and business requirements, and translating them to highly effective POC engagements in support of closing major new pieces of business on behalf of the company.
You both want to serve on forefront of cloud security and also possess exceptionally strong technical and security experience, with a background in SaaS cloud products. Your emotional intelligence, consistent follow through, and attention to detail have served you well in similar positions, but you are fundamentally curious, customer-centric, and love a challenge. You understand the security space, have a sincere passion for technology, and want to be a key player in a successful growth-stage startup.
You are eager to serve on the front lines of the business, partnering with prospects, partners, and internal executives. You will be joining a team of security start-up enthusiasts that care deeply about their customers, passionate about safeguarding email from advanced threats, and committed to a vision of organizations communicating, collaborating, and coordinating over email without security concerns.
We are a “work family”, and while we work incredibly hard, we laugh and respect one another. As such, we are highly selective as to whom we ask to join our team. You will be joining a highly collaborative, supportive, skilled, thoughtful, and intellectually curious group of people who are focused on making GreatHorn a great place to work, and more importantly, on serving our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations on a daily basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer, believe strongly in diversity, and expect our colleagues to share in our core values.
Skills and Requirements
- Own the technical win in your accounts, and take responsibility for driving the technical deal forward
- Lead demo calls for the GreatHorn solution
- Research, explore and identify customer security problems
- Prioritize opportunities and operate as the technical quarterback for internal resources
- Influence and make recommendations for product enhancements
- Support field marketing events and present to prospective clients as needed
- Travel up to 25% to spend time outside of the office to understand the customer environments and build relationships
- Be a primary point of contact for tech-related questions and coordination of issue management and problem resolution during the POC
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in pre/ post sales in the security space
- Technical savvy and passion for understanding and implementing technologies
- Prior successful technology sales experience or experience in a customer-facing technology role
- Stellar interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Extraordinary presentation skills, with the ability to establish trust across a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfort interacting with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Strong attention to detail, organization and quality of work, suitable for customer-facing materials and interaction
- Exceptional time, project, and sales management skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to navigate within complex enterprise customer environments from a technical and business perspective
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment, leveraging company resources to solve customer challenges/requirements
- Small company/start-up experience preferred
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, vision, and dental insurance, a matched 401k, unlimited vacation time, a fully stocked kitchen, and weekly catered team lunches.
GreatHorn is disrupting the email security industry to better protect organizations against advanced email threats through modern data analytics, machine learning, and cloud-native design. Our execution of this mission has driven triple-digit growth for three years in a row, and we’re poised to accelerate that growth in the coming year.
Run by a team of cybersecurity veterans with a track record of success, we solve a pervasive problem with smart technology, employ clever people with common sense from diverse backgrounds, and adhere to a “No A**holes” policy. If that sounds like a place you’d fit in, we hope you’ll come join us!
We believe strongly in diversity, and seek to recognize, develop, and support talent from all backgrounds.