At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Join Veeva as we redefine Clinical Data Management. Veeva Vault CDMS is built for todays clinical trials with innovative design tools to speed the build process and eliminate manual steps. Veevas Vault CDMS platform will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team!
Veeva Systems is looking for a Practice Director who is dedicated to helping customers transform the way they manage their clinical trial processes, data, and content within our CDMS product including CDMS interactions within Veevas Clinical Suite (Vault CTMS, Vault eTMF, and Vault Study Startup).
As a key leader of our CDMS Professional Services team, the Practice Director will be at the forefront of our mission. Our ideal candidate is a service professional who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion, and competence. You will understand our customers EDC challenges and clinical needs, can translate those requirements into an implementation strategy, and drive the delivery of the Veeva CDMS product and services. This role will be responsible for three main things:
Foster innovation and continuous improvement across organizations by challenging the status quo, creating awareness on industry trends, and leveraging clinical solutions to achieve higher standards
Understanding our customers challenges and clinical needs, translating business use cases into system requirements and developing process material to support the change
Defining global strategies for deploying process change and user adoption of the Vault Clinical applications across the enterprise.
This is a remote position. Opportunity is available in the United States and Europe for this role. Qualified U.S. and Europe-based candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Provides technical and/or business consultative leadership for Veevas Vault CDMS application at the pre-and/or post-sales level with experience delivering Statements of Work
- Manages a team of consultants responsible for delivery
- Proactively provides input and contributes to the development of Vault CDMS services procedures, standards and strategies
- Monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize performance
- Recruits and hires employees who can help grow and drive Veevas Vault EDC strategy and perform delivery on the services team
- Work with customer global subject matter experts and business leaders to analyze, develop, and implement processes that solve business problems and support business needs through the use of Vault CDMS
- Analyze and identify potential value-creating opportunities. Develop requirements to ensure that business vision/use cases and recommendations translate to (and leverage) Veeva products and services.
- Lead client transformation engagements. Develop new operating business models for Clinical Operations, drive successful adoption and long-term success with Vault Clinical
- Serve as primary customer liaison, managing the business change in support of the system implementation, including communication between Veeva, project team, and customer
- Support the Veeva implementation team across multiple engagements and workstreams (e.g. solution design and configuration, data migration and systems integration)
- Develop end-user training strategies and deliver supporting material (e.g. web-based learning, user guides, etc.) to support system deployment
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Identify, define, and deploy best practices through internal Preferred Vault Practices, aligning with industry guidance and maintaining competitive advantage
- 8+ years direct experience working with clinical software solutions in a client-facing role in an operational or consulting role
- 2+ years years prior experience in people management responsibilities including hiring, employee relations, performance management, coaching, developing individuals and teams, and managing remote employees
- Expert on life sciences compliance, regulatory, and sponsor quality assurance requirements
- Proven track record leading high-impact global process transformation programs for life sciences companies
- Proven expertise in workshop facilitation, client interviews/focus groups, process optimization, influencing business leaders, change management, training, and deployment strategies
- Ability to quickly understand business use cases and opportunities for change, to create corresponding process and business model improvements
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with systems such as Medidata RAVE, Oracle/Phase Forward InForm, Medidata Balance, Oracle IRT, IVRS, coding applications, eSource, and other clinical technologies
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Life Science, computer science, change management or related degree
- Experience with Veeva applications
- Program Management experience, either having led or supported large scale programs
- Change Management experience, either having led or supported change management programs
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Newark, NJ; Chicago, IL)
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States or Europe. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From