Office Tour Photos
Are you looking for the type of company that is not only a great workplace but also in the business of creating great workplaces around the world? Do you want to help drive success for a fast-growing company that positively impacts the lives of millions of people around the world?
We’re expanding our amazing team with the role of Senior Manager/Manager, Public Relations. Reporting into the Director of External Communications, this person will be based in our Framingham, Massachusetts office and help us drive the conversation about the future of work and expand our category leadership through media relations and thought leadership efforts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly seasoned public relations professional with a strong background in interacting with media, creating powerful stories and a proven track-record in knowing what it takes to secure media coverage.
Reporting to: Director of Global External Communications
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create strong positioning for Workhuman, its executives and its product suite through various tactics, including media relations, speaking opportunities, events and awards
- Identify unique story angles to pitch to the media that align with the company’s business. Think with a journalist lens to really drive the media agenda and create relationships, both internally and externally, that position Workhuman as the go-to expert.
- Ensure executives are media-ready through ongoing training sessions and expert counsel and education
- Support annual Workhuman Live conference and other top industry events through strategic media campaigns that drive Workhuman’s brand awareness and recognition
- Work with customer marketing team to maximize value of consumer stories and engagements, ensuring case studies, testimonials and other output is translated into impactful media narratives and stories
- Work closely with network of influencers and analysts to develop PR-driven relationships that elevate Workhuman and increase executives’ visibility
- Develop PR plans with product and marketing teams as part of an integrated marketing strategy across all marketing execution, including events, tradeshows and demand gen campaigns
- Champion new pitch and message ideas to help elevate our PR on a global scale, bringing new creative approaches that accelerate our brand awareness. Work internally to develop stories and messages, seeking approvals and education when necessary
- Work closely with the global communications and content team to align public relations campaigns with our overall communications goals, strategies and objectives
- Develop, write, and edit PR materials, including press releases, bylines, media Q&As, briefing notes, speaking abstracts, award submissions and executive bios as appropriate
- Manage a network of global agencies to ensure results are achieved, measured, and socialized across the business and drive results
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 5+ years in media relations or journalism
- PR agency experience is a plus
- Must have nose for news and have existing relationships with the key business press outlets
- An exceptional communicator and writer who is highly organized, agile, and capable of managing a large volume of competing priorities and demands in a fast- paced environment
- Strong writing and verbal skills – with the ability to create a wide range of materials, including press releases, bylines, and executive presentations
- Strong analytical skills – with the ability to translate “soft results” into hard numbers that can be shared with executive teams
- Top notch collaborative skills, with the ability to work with many people at once and be open to new ideas, suggestions, and “in it to win it” together mentality
- High emotional intelligence a must, with the ability to work with, and display confidence in front of, many different teams, senior executives, departments, and people
- Willing to travel to industry events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
More Jobs From