At Aura, we are building a digital security platform focused on making people more secure every day. We’re looking for someone to help build the services platform that will allow our development teams to thrive and scale their products.
The Platform Engineer will architect and build services like authentication, billing, entitlements, and anything else we need to enable our product teams to make people more secure. Our stack today is fully on AWS, with Lambdas, DynamoDB, SQS/SNS, and API Gateway, but we’re open to using the best tool for the job. We work quickly, agile, and focus on outcomes. There’s not a big architecture committee or review board —we are trusting our team to build our solution to help us scale for the future.
This is an opportunity to have an outsized impact and join a growing, fast moving team, and work with some great people helping to secure people’s digital lives. Come help us make people more secure!
A Flexible Talent model means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Aura is authorized to do business. Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences. Aura is authorized to do business throughout the U.S., but not in all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Aura is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Aura is registered.
- Build the fast, modern platform that will drive our business
- Contribute to the frameworks that will make future development easier
- Build the platform to be reliable, resilient, and available, with the right monitoring and metrics to ensure we’re achieving our targets
- Advocate and educate teams on new technologies and solutions as we grow the platform
- Get your hands dirty actually helping teams integrate into the platform
- Ensure our platform is secure. We can’t secure our customers if we’re not secure ourselves
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
- Experience building systems that handle traffic at scale
- Experience with Node.js in a production environment
- Have worked with AWS or another cloud platform
- Experience working in a team environment
- Creativity and flexibility—we’re still small and growing, so our path is not set in stone
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Knowledge of a an infrastructure as code language like Terraform or CloudFormation (Terraform preferred)
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with TypeScript