At the Grommet we help small businesses reach consumers and photography is an integral part of what we do. If youre a versatile, multi-talented photographer with team leadership experience and youre eager to join a fast paced and rapidly growing brand on a mission, wed like to talk!
In this newly created position, youll be responsible for the successful delivery of all photo assets needed to support The Grommets e-commercebusiness and seasonal brand campaigns.
The right candidate will be an accomplished product photographer with experience creating hero, lifestyle, detail, tabletop and laydown imagery for a variety of mediums, from print to digital. Youll have direct experience styling, propping, lighting shooting and editing imagery. Youre part project manager and mentor, part artist and storyteller.
- Oversee the successful delivery all photography needed to support The Grommets e-commerce business and brand campaigns.
- Manage the performance and output of the photography team, setting weekly production schedules, providing guidance and approving final imagery.
- Collaborate with other marketing team members and creative partners to deliver media for product launches, catalogs, brand and social campaigns.
- Photograph a broad range of products utilizing several photography styles including still life, in-environment, on-model and silhouettes on white.
- Deliver rich, dynamic product images that adhere to technical standards and best practices while utilizing varied surfaces, textures and talent.
- Style projects to deliver the essence of each product clearly and concisely.
- Retouch and edit images, with high attention to detail, quality and consistency.
- Follow detailed asset management and file naming practices.
- Efficiently manage shoots, both on-location and in-studio.
- Follow product and brand styling guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Maintain professional studio environment, including timely clean-up and organization of set, equipment and props.
- Manage and deliver upon daily deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation, and strong time management and organizational skills.
Skills & Experience
- Photography degree or certificate from accredited photography program.
- 5+ years hands-on professional experience working in consumer products. eCommerce experience is highly preferred.
- 2+ years management experience.
- Experience with Canon camera systems.
- Knowledge of studio lighting equipment (strobe, modifiers, etc.).
- Professional-Level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop (i.e. silhouetting, creating shadows