Office Tour Photos
Performance Engineer: Tooling & Measurement
Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case its visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products: Home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Wayfair is visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Storefront Performance ensures the customer experience is delightful by driving best-in-class tooling to help Engineers and Product to deliver content quickly and be responsive to users on any device or network. As a Storefront Performance Engineer you will create the tools to allow any Engineer to find and resolve performance bottlenecks. Our tooling also makes performance visible, understandable, and actionable to all other parts of the business. We are looking for an experienced engineer energized by analyzing performance data, driving optimal software architecture solutions, and enabling fast, impactful improvements to any part of the application.
What will you do?
- Develop the best measurement strategy with minimal overhead and maximum results.
- Make it easy for all teams in our Storefront to improve overall page performance through the use of time-series data, OpenTelemetry, analytic pipelines, and tools we create.
- Leverage and improve our internal tools to pinpoint performance regressions as early as possible in the development cycle.
- Consult with teams to adopt best practices in order to deliver the most performant customer experience.
- Think outside the box to develop and verify the next crazy idea to improve site performance.
How will you be challenged?
- Co-writing your teams roadmap, in collaboration with product managers, engineers on your team, and various stakeholders.
- Contributing to conversations about shared architecture, and how we can improve it.
- Running point on large projects, and making sure the engineering voice is heard among all the teams contributing to a single project.
- Tackling the unique challenges of building a new two-sided marketplace within a fast-growing ecommerce company, while architecting and leading major initiatives.
- Challenge existing architectural standards, code quality, and advocate for improvements by setting new standards.
- Work on problems of scale we have a global audience, thus you will help build systems that are highly performant, reliable, and fault tolerant for users across the US, Canada, and Europe.
- Be a mentor for junior engineers on the team.
Who you Are:
- Minimum five years experience in software development and system architecture.
- Deep knowledge of both server and frontend aspects of web architecture.
- Demonstrated expertise in software architecture, designing scalable systems, and performance analysis.
- Familiarity with statistics and data analysis
- Effective communication skills.
- Familiarity with PHP and React
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From