This role will involve analysis of the AVs perception system, with a specific focus on multi-sensor detection and tracking and its impact on proposed trajectories. A significant amount of time will be devoted to designing and implementing metrics for use with machine learning, offline simulation, closed track tests, and driving on public roads. The role also incorporates data science aspects for studying trends in metrics, as well as building interactive reporting tools for data exploration.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop metrics for analyzing the performance of the perception systems on real and synthetic data
- Implement data visualizations to understand trends in metrics, as well as navigating through the raw data
- Work closely with fellow software engineers to ensure computed metrics accurately characterize the system behavior
- Manage and improve the data processing pipelines to automatically identify events of interest, and improve ease of use for managing datasets when conducted machine learning
- Document and share metrics with the organization for wider visibility and adoption
We are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics or relevant field
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Data visualization experience is strongly desired
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Background in robotic perception (cameras, lidar, radar, sensor fusion, tracking) is helpful
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From