People Analytics Consultant
The Workhuman Analytics and Research Institute is a multidisciplinary team that provides analysis, insight, and solutions to support the effectiveness of the Workhuman Cloud and its impact on business outcomes. The Consultant, People Analytics partners with clients and internal stakeholders to uncover and answer a variety of key people and business questions. You will apply advanced analytics to those questions and deliver insights that can help achieve measurable improvement. As a member of the team, you are as passionate about building collaborative client relationships as you are about digging into the data with statistical and data mining techniques. The ideal candidate is creative, detail-oriented, and intellectually curious.
This position will report to the Manager of Data Analytics.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications:
- Partner with clients, HR leaders, and other stakeholders to identify key business questions based on overall strategy and business context, that will help improve performance and effectiveness.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in leveraging data and people analytic techniques to answer those questions and provide insight.
- Conduct in-depth analyses, combining standard reporting and methodologies with innovative techniques and tools.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to key stakeholders in a compelling and clear fashion.
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the organization, including Sales and Marketing, Customer Success, Strategy and Consulting, and Product, to help drive positive change around the Workhuman Cloud and communicate findings to key audiences.
- Support broad initiatives across the analytics team to innovate around industry-leading applications of Workhuman Cloud data
- Contribute to knowledge base of past analyses in order to facilitate enterprise wide learning and resources
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience in client-facing or consulting roles (externally or internally), preferably within the human resources space. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences and stakeholders, both orally and written, including technical and nontechnical aspects of work.
- Experience conducting analytics projects from beginning to end, including data management and cleaning (pulling data, exploratory data analysis), data analysis (regression, ANOVA, cross-tabulations; machine learning techniques), and data visualization and storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to learn new/advanced methods to address specific problems, to think creatively and critically about challenges and proactively offer solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in a people analytics, customer facing/consultant type role – 3+ of those years in a quantitative analysis role.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational behavior, organizational development, business administration, industrial/organizational psychology, social psychology, applied statistics or mathematics, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with statistical software and/or database languages (e.g., R, Python, SQL, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Must handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Knowledge of HR trends, issues, and topics