People Analyst - Performance
At Wayfair, we believe our talent is a key competitive advantage. A key part of this advantage is derived from our unrelenting focus on developing employees and creating pipelines for our leadership roles. As our employee base and geographic reach expands, we are focused on ensuring that we have the right leadership, teams and infrastructure in place to support this larger, more complex organization.
We are currently seeking a Performance Analyst to support the strategy, design, and execution for Wayfair’s people development processes, including our biannual Performance Reviews, succession planning, and organizational goal-setting. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with all areas of the business to create, refresh and launch processes/programs that will propel strong business performance through talent development.
You will leverage your experience in analytics to proactively assess the performance evaluation processes and lead the analysis of performance metrics, such as the impact of initiatives and platform utilization. This role combines the application of advanced analyses, operational strategy and project management into a unique opportunity for growth and development.
- Support the design and delivery of Wayfair’s biannual performance review processes for all business units, including driving project management, and continually assessing and refining existing approaches to meet evolving business objectives
- Conduct rigorous analyses to assess our performance approach and identify gaps
- Work with our People Analytics function to forecast and prepare for future talent needs through high potential talent identification, assessment and development
- Own the processes for succession planning and high potential identification
- Track statistics, metrics and ROI as required to understand and demonstrate impact of efforts
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the leadership development approach through the collection of data, survey and participant and management input
- Manage Wayfair’s goal-setting processes to drive company priorities and initiatives and support a culture of high performance.
- Develop succession planning metrics with will that drive optimal talent pipeline performance
- Monitor staffing levels and implement strategies to effectively use succession plan
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, business or related field (GPA >3.5 preferred)
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in an analytical role, preferably in finance, consulting or technology
- Passion for people management and development and proven success in these areas
- Integrity and honesty, above all, and a respect for complete confidentiality
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to leverage data-driven insights to inform business decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, interest in SQL
- Experience using Workday a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.