Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Payroll Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll, ensuring compliance with policies and legal requirements, proactively ensuring a thorough knowledge and understanding of changes to policies, state and federal laws impacting payroll, and analyzing advancements in payroll technology and making recommendations to improve payroll processes and functions.
Validity was formed to bring confidence to customers who rely on data every day to run their business. As a global industry leader in data quality, our role is to ensure our customers have the tools they need to tackle the complexities of data administration and regain certainty with the integrity of their data assets.
Our Trust Platform is comprised of software services and solutions that help customers know where they stand with their data and enable an ongoing assessment and tool set to correct data issues. For over a decade, tens of thousands of administrators in over 20 countries across the world have trusted our products to regain integrity with their CRM data.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, manage and oversee both the US and international payrolls
- Prepare, execute, maintain and update accurate documentation of payroll processes, policies and procedures.
- Maintain current employee records and information in all systems. Performs periodic audits to ensure information is accurate and follows operating guidelines.
- Oversee the resolution of payroll questions, issues and adjustments and implement process improvements to avoid the need for future adjustments
- Assess current pay policies and practices of newly acquired companies and align with Corporate policies and practices which may include gaining an understanding of the current systems used by newly acquired companies
- Provide open communications to both employees and management
- Research and provide guidance on complex payroll and tax issues
- Manage external and internal audits related to payroll and time & attendance, ensuring that the function is adhering to company and legal standards.
- Reconciliation of payroll registers to the General Ledger
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years of experience processing Domestic and International (UK and Canada) payrolls
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is highly desirable
- Experience with Namely and ADP a plus
- Strong MS Office skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word