The Payroll Associate is responsible to participate in and perform duties associated with the end-to-end biweekly payroll process for a growing, multi-location company. The Payroll Associate will report to the Manager Payroll. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Ensuring the accurate and timely processing for the biweekly multi-state payroll process for approximately 4,000-5,000 employees. The Payroll Associate will be an integral member of the Finance team and work closely with Human Resources, Planning and Analysis team and Equity Administration.
- Complete biweekly multi-state payroll for approximately 4000-5000 employees, which entails processing all employee changes including new hire, departure, raise, bonus, 401K, and other employee information.
- Maintain data in, and interface data between the HRIS, payroll and timekeeping systems.
- Confirm payroll batches and transmit data to ADP payroll service for processing, identifying and resolving any discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local withholding and reporting requirements utilizing ADP Tax Services.
- Perform other payroll duties as needed, including manual termination checks, wage garnishment and withholding orders, and communication with new hires
- Ensure compliance with all SOX/Internal Controls documentation and perform all payroll processes with adherence to SOX control policies and procedures.
- Create and distribute payroll reporting for Regulatory Agencies; Business Owners; General Ledger and other financial accounting purposes
- Provide the Human Resource Department with information relating to terminations; unemployment; and other ad hoc information, as required
- Collaborate with ADP to create new earnings; deductions; or tax set ups
- Assist with other duties, as necessary, as part of the Finance team and as signed by the Manager Payroll.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience 3+ years of payroll experience
- Experience working with ADP payroll systems ideal; PayForce, ADP Reporting, ADP Tax Service; and ADP Wage Garnishment
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook Behaviors and Abilities Required: Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fact paced environment, meet deadlines, and communicate potential conflicts to manager
- High degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Willing/excited to work in high growth, fast-paced, deadline-driven corporate environment
- Strong desire to learn and improve upon the Companys payroll process (leveraging the HR Information System) to scale function
- Demonstrated ability to build upon knowledge and experience to recommend and help implement best practices that will enhance Finance Operations
- Active commitment to the identification and appropriate resolution of all business issues, whether they are rooted in business problems or compliance concerns
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative and flexibility in team goal orientation in a fast pace, ever changing environment
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.