Thursday, July 11th, 2019
100 Summer StreetBoston, MA 02110
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission. As a Payments Specialist, you will find challenge and satisfaction in helping Forward Financing’s customers through temporary issues and building lasting customer relationships. The Payments Specialist is an integral part in the revenue life-cycle of the company. In this role, you will form relationships with Forward Financing’s customers that need assistance in repaying their financing. In this role you will:
- Actively monitor reports for customers experiencing recent payments issues and make regular, consistent calls and email outreach
- Provide positive customer experience and reinforce Forward Financing’s willingness to work with customers facing temporary financial hardships
- Respond to customer inquiries, resolve client discrepancies, and process and review account adjustments in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain clearly documented records of correspondence with customers
- Manage a portfolio of accounts where customers are willing to pay but facing temporary financial hardships. Focus on resolving payments issues, lowering overall delinquency, and maximizing efficiency
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency, looking for trends, and discuss them with management
- Escalate unresponsive accounts where customer shows an unwillingness to pay and for which there is not an amicable solution
- Flag for Forward Financing leadership about potential problems that could affect your portfolio performance
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Analytical: Ability to review financial statements and customer business status to determine customer’s ability to pay
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a fast paced, customer focused, analytical environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good business acumen with a desire to work with small businesses