Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Payer Executive Director, Product Market Strategy to join our Platform subdivision team within our product division. Your job will be to The Executive Director of Payer Product Market Strategy is a cross-product role charged with driving strategy (what to build and who to serve) for our Payer customers. You will spend significant time in market with clients and prospects, respond to trends and assess opportunities down to specific program and plan requirements, and manage athenas strategy and program execution. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You have familiarity and knowledge across ASO, MA, Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial and Exchange related products with an emphasis on value-based arrangements. As this role is housed in our product development organization, we expect you to be able to translate the opportunities in market to data, user needs, and system mechanics of products to serve this market.
As this role is housed in our product development organization, we expect you to be able to translate the opportunities in market to data, user needs, and system mechanics of products to serve this market. While direct product management experience is not a requirement, we expect you to be very comfortable in a software, data, and technology setting and enjoy solving technology product business problems; driving a strong point of view of the technology and data needs of the market.
The Team: Our Payer strategy is founded in bridging the value, data, and administrative gap between payers and providers you must have knowledge of insight to opportunities within the payer data environment. Specifically, experience in claims and authorizations, risk adjustment and population management, and provider network management would be preferred.
- Lead the development of business cases and product-market strategy.
- Partner with product leaders and high-level executives to influence their product strategy and shape the vision of athenahealth products.
- Execute on the go-to-market strategy for new product launches, including coordination of client engagement, feedback, partners, contracting support, and client service processes.
- Support definition of value proposition (including development of market-facing proof points), package, pricing framework and P&L where applicable, collaborating our sales, finance, and marketing teams.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred; Degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred.
- 12+ years professional experience, inclusive of 5+ years of product management or strategy role.
- Ability to lead market research and data-driven analysis, gathering perspectives from a variety of sources in order to combine with business strategy to define a path forward.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence senior executives and lead presentations to external audiences, especially enterprise clients.
- Ability to travel between 20% 40%
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From