Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veevas Legal Team is looking for a Patent Agent to be part of our highly motivated, tight-knit, and collaborative legal team. You will be an important legal advisor to Veevas product teams on all phases of the patent prosecution process. You'll tackle topics such as freedom to operate, patent infringement and validity analysis. You will report to our Deputy General Counsel, Intellectual Property.
Come grow with a fast-developing industry leader in SaaS!
What You'll Do
- Work with product groups to develop and maintain Veeva patent portfolio
- Prepare and prosecute SaaS patent applications
- Provide support for patent enforcement and business transactions
- Assist in freedom to operate, and patent infringement and validity analysis
- 3+ years of experience drafting and prosecuting software patent applications
- B.S. in computer science or equivalences, with a strong academic record
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Nice to Have
- Law firm experience is a plus, but not required
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous employee education and career development
- Opportunity to choose to work in a number of offices across the U.S., or from home
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.