WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
Were a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We're excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
Our Partnerships Team is dedicated to continuously building relationships with groups and practitioners working with Democratic political organizations, progressive nonprofits, and innovative tech advocates. Since 2017, the Partnerships Team has worked with more than 100 different groups to train thousands of new candidates on grassroots fundraising and provide new digital tools to folks fighting for a better future. At the center of our work is ActBlues mission to ensure everyone can make their voices heard in our democracy, and we're gearing up for even bigger projects in 2019 and 2020.
The Partnerships Associate at ActBlue will play a critical role in managing our teams financial and administrative processes, researching organizations for potential collaboration, and working collaboratively across the organization to support the successful execution of all Partnerships.
- Conduct thorough research on organizations and events on the left that align with ActBlues mission and goals.
- Utilize research to map out a path to increase awareness of ActBlues brand and capabilities across the nonprofit, tech, and political arenas.
- Manage a central database of Partnerships events, organizations, and contacts.
- Collaborate with Finance & Operations staff to track and process Partnerships finances.
- Work with the Training & Events Marketing staff to support event preparation and execution.
- Detail-oriented: This role is primarily responsible for the systems, data, and research that grounds our ability to scale our work. As the keeper of these keys, youll be tasked with ensuring that every T is crossed and every I dotted.
- A great listener: The Partnerships Team works to create authentic relationships across the progressive space a process that requires us to center the voices of those at the forefront of our movement in all aspects of our work.
- Motivated by supporting historically marginalized communities: We want to expand the depth and breadth of our partnership community by bringing on new team members who are passionate about building relationships that support marginalized communities across political entities, nonprofits, and advocacy organizations.
- Goal-oriented: You should always be thinking about the big picture and whats around the corner, even as you tackle the project in front of you.
- A facilitator: Often the work that we do in Partnerships is behind the scenes to set others up for success. Their success is our success! Flexibility and proactive problem solving are a must.
- Comfortable going solo: While youll be working in a team, most of your day-to-day work will be independently driven and managed.
- A great communicator: Partnerships works across many departments within ActBlue. Communicating effectively with all internal stakeholders will be critical to the success of ActBlues Partnerships events and initiatives.
- Flexible: Youre adaptable and able to handle a wide range of projects, which will often have competing priorities.
- Mission-driven: Our online fundraising technology makes it easy for more supporters to participate in the political process every day. We need people who are passionate about furthering this work. Nonprofit or campaign experience is a plus.
- Bilingual: Fluency in two languages preferred.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlues office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Bostons MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; and a flexible time off policy.
This position does include travel and some nights and weekends throughout the year.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.