Partner Engineer at Vertica (U.S. REMOTE)
Job Title: Partner Engineer at Vertica (U.S. REMOTE)
Location: Remote Eligible, anywhere within the U.S.
We are looking for a Partner Engineer to evaluate, design, implement, and improve technology integrations within the Vertica partner ecosystem. This role involves leveraging your technical skills to research, develop, and collaborate integration methods for new and existing partner technologies. Your expertise helps maintain key relationships with the Partners product team .
As the technical product expert, you will work closely with various Partner software products such as Business Intelligence Tools, Analytical Tools, Data Integration Tools, and Cloud Infrastructure. In addition to technical capability, Your ability to deep dive into these tools will help understand the limitations and constraints of integration developed by Partner products. This allows you to recommend best practices that will provide tremendous value to our customers. You will also work closely with Object Storage Partner and evaluate how objects storage can be used with Vertica.
You will develop expertise in running Vertica with AWS S3 Storage and S3 compatibility storage solutions.
The Partner Engineer is an energetic internal and customer facing professional with proven expertise to work with technology companies. Furthermore, strong understanding of technology is required to confidently communicate the product vision and roadmap to Partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain relationships with Technology Partners (includes Storage and Platform Partners) that have Solutions that work with Vertica.
- Work directly with the technology product in terms of integration required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Identify opportunities to improve integration with the Partner product while working with them.
- Provide enhancements to the Vertica Product Management team based on internal testing and/or customer experiences with partner products.
- Hands on experience with installing, configuring, and validating the Partner product and document the integration between the Partner product and Vertica.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of Vertica and how Vertica interacts with Partner products using various protocols such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET etc.,
- Collaborate with the Partners Technical teams and Vertica Engineering team for a deeper understanding of products.
- Work closely with the Vertica support team and Field team to identify and resolve any integration issue between the products.
- Work closely with the offshore Partner Engineering team and provide support, guidance, and mentoring.
- Collaborates and communicates internally, and with partners regarding status, integration progress, and issue resolution.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 4 - 8 years experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise integration solutions with a track record of meeting business requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architecture and design proposals
- Excellent programming fundamentals and work experience with enterprise software.
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Data Integration (ETL), or Analytical product/tool.
- Experience with Database technology and SQL knowledge.
- Experience with on-premises and/or cloud infrastructure development and deployment.
- Working experience and knowledge of Object storage, specifically AWS S3.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills.
Nice to Have
- Proactive, positive, self-starter, and team player with a passion for working with 3rd party product tools.
- Proven ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders, help driving both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Understanding of Languages like C and C++ is advantageous but not required.
- Experience working with a technical customer base and corporate IT projects and processes.
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status