Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
We are hiring a Packaging Program Manager to join our growing Operations & Logistics department. They will report directly to the Head of Operations and Logistics and will own our entire non-meat related Packaging Program. They will be responsible for leading one of the main components of our supply chain and will often work with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is self-starter who possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. They also have supply chain, packaging, P&L, and strong vendor management experience.
- Procure all non-meat related dry goods vital for ButcherBox fulfillment operations
- Manage and drive efficiencies in packaging P&L
- Manage vendor relationships for all day-day activities with an eye on the long term
- Work with existing vendors to innovate upon packaging solutions
- Research and provide recommendations on consumer and packaging trends that support company’s long term goals and vision
- NOTE: This is a Boston (or remote) based position, not field-based
- 2+ years of professional experience in Supply Chain
- Able to work well in both an independent and team environment
- Thrives in a member obsessed, fast-paced, environment where everyone takes accountability for their work
- BA in Supply Chain Management or other relevant degree
- P&L Management experience
- Packaging/dry goods background
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.