Organizational Development Specialist
Knovva Academy is at the forefront of changing the way teens interact with education and the world around them. We are dedicated to building a global blended learning ecosystem by creating the most exciting global education programs and online courses. We’re working to build tomorrow's world leaders, and we need some of the best on our team to grow with us and help us continue to expand our reach, perfect our programs and create lasting relationships with the educational community.
If this sounds like an amazing place to work already, there’s much more. We are an entrepreneurial startup that nurtures our talented employees with great benefits and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Knovva academy is a passionate work environment with an international atmosphere and a welcoming staff. On top of our competitive salary and benefits, we also offer global snacks, Summer Fridays, group outings and many more perks to come. Knovva’s core belief is the importance of diversity and open mindedness, which is reflected in both the programs and in its work space. Knovva is located in Boston’s innovative Seaport District.
If you’re ready to use your skills to help shake up the education world, Knovva Academy is the place for you.
The Organizational Development Specialist manages the employee experience and leads the organization's cultural development. The primary responsibilities of the ODS will be to coordinate employee on-boarding, conduct new-employee orientations, generate organization's policies, lead staff training and cultural development, and lead talent management initiatives.
● Coordinate on-boarding of new hires and conduct new-employee orientations. Conduct exit interviews on terminating employees.
● Design and implement talent management practices including performance management, competency modeling, succession planning, workforce development, and organizational design initiatives.
● Conduct and manage learning and development programs to engage all levels of staff including professional development and management training.
● Generate and develop organizational structure including policies and procedures
● Manage office risk management including employment relations initiatives
● Act as a resource for general employment questions
● Bachelor's Degree is required
● At least 4-5 years as an HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, or Both.
● Prior Knowledge of US employment laws, FMLA/ADA, EEOC, FLSA are needed.
● Ability to partner with management to drive strategic initiatives.
● Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
● Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
● Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
The Organizational Development Specialist is a full-time position based in Knovva Academy’s office in the Seaport neighborhood of Boston. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Travel is expected. Must be authorized to work in the United States; sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: Please submit your résumé along with a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.