Organizational Development Manager - Technical Talent
(Remote role with occasional travel to headquarters in Boston, MA)
The mission of Tech Talent Development is to be the glue within global engineering powering scaled upskilling to accelerate the effectiveness of an empowered and high-performing 3,000+ person global technology organization in support of the evolution of our technology stack and people.
As our Organizational Development Manager, you will develop, design & execute Wayfair Engineering's community & internal communications strategy:
What Youll Do
- Act as the glue between functional populations of software developers, data engineers, product managers, user experience designers, and analysts to build communities of practice, reduce redundancies, and increase sense of connectedness.
- Develop a strategy to connect communities by discipline.
- Build best practices, guidelines, and scale efforts for cross communities.
- Ensure communities can share best practices, networking and career development opportunities to create a stronger and faster impact throughout the organization.
- Develop & manage Engineering internal communications with a focus on content simplification and targeting/personalization.
- Drive adoption of best practices and build them into the flow of work.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across multiple teams and strong partnerships at all levels of the Engineering organization.
Organizational Development & Change
- Drive innovation around developing technical leadership skills with a remote, global workforce, and drive scalability of initiatives across Wayfair.
- Identify and drive organizational change initiatives to improve productivity, connectedness, and engagement within Engineering.
- Support team, leader, and individual development to support change management initiatives.
What Youll Need
- Expertise in community building, communications, talent & organizational development
- Experience managing complex cross functional projects
- Experience facilitating & presenting to large diverse audiences
- Ability to take a vision and drive high quality strategy and execution
- Extensive experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups and gaining leadership buy-in from senior management
- High degree of comfort navigating large and complex organizations
- Capacity to think flexibly and move quickly in a fast-growing and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to be an assertive, collaborative, self-starter with solid executive presence
- Strategic communication skills for messaging to a broad array of constituents
- Experience with qualitative & quantitative data to make decisions & measure impact.
- Experience in a technical organization a plus!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.