Order Management/Finance Operations Manager
Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Reporting directly to theFinance Director this exciting new role will manage and build the order management function at CG. The Manager, Order Operationswill oversee the finance validation of all customer contracts and ensure compliance with CarGurus policies and procedures. This position will work closely with many different departments at CG and will require excellent communication and cross-departmental cohesion.
What You'll Do:
- Build and manage an Order Management/Finance Ops team including work allocation, training, and problem resolution
- Full ownership of the finance validation/deal booking process (including maintaining a turnaround time SLA with Sales)
- Enforcement of CG Bookings policy to ensure compliance with operational and internal control procedures
- Work closely with Sales, Sales Ops, Finance, Legal to provide guidance to resolve issues and handle escalations
- Work through complex and/or customized deal structures and elevate issues to appropriate parties for resolution and approval (ASC 606 revenue experience a plus)
- Identify areas of improvement in the order management process to improve efficiency both in the US and International markets
- Provide reporting and detailed metrics for monthly review
- Proactively lead monthly meetings with sales managers and teams
- Take initiative and identify areas of improvement in the quote to cash process to accelerate order processing and improve sales efficiency
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in Business (Finance/Accounting preferred)
- 5+ years managing an Order Management function
- Motivated team player with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Public company experience required
- Strong knowledge of best practices and internal controls/SOX compliance
- Ability to independently build a function from the ground up and lead change management efforts
- Comfort interacting with upper management
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.