Office Tour Photos
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And weve come a long way since. Today were a 500 + strong team (were thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, youll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And were still growing! Thats where you come in.
The Operations Supervisor is the first-line manager responsible for leading their shift to ensure on-time delivery of best-in-class products to our customers, maintaining a safe facility and engaged workforce. This role will lead over 30 assembly and machine operators of various levels, as well as team leads, while overseeing and organizing the equipment and processes on the production floor. The supervisor will support scheduling and routine production activities as well as troubleshooting should problems arise. S/he will need to work well under pressure, engage well with people, and maintain positive morale within the team.
This role reports to the Operations Manager.
- Coach SQDCME (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale) to ensure objectives are met through standardized processes
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy production environment; alert others regarding potential concerns
- Monitor data and tools to meet turnaround time for SLA and improve quality; track KPIs and Key Results, anticipating and correcting trends
- Partner with Quality team and leads to reduce defects, internal and external, and maintain an FPY of 98%+
- Confer with other supervisors and leads to coordinate operations and activities within or between shifts
- Ensure all areas are in sequence to ensure efficient workflow for all ship speeds and orders; continuously optimize balance and flow from press room to assembly/dispatch
- Co-lead planning the production schedule of all customer types, third party print service providers, and company projects
- Manage leads across cells and press room; manage over 30 assembly and machine operators to meet manufacturing success
- Build press/cell lead and operator capability; develop careers and progression for team
- Ensure engaged workforce and institute initiatives that increase morale
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities/tasks
- Support reduction in process waste across facility to ensure continuous, lean manufacturing environment
- Support Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) events and coach problem resolution for shift
- Work with supply chain to ensure production team has access to all relevant raw materials
- Work with maintenance to ensure equipment uptime is optimal (75%+) and all failures are resolved in a timely manner
- Ability to engage in strong problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Strong conflict management skills; address personnel issues as needed while partnering with HR/People team
- Oversee on-boarding and training/cross-training to create an effective workforce
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents including, but not limited to, timecards, attendance, hiring, performance reviews, etc.
- Capable of assigning work to hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments
- Work independently with limited supervision
Essential Skills and Attributes
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of supervisory experience or 2+ years of team lead experience
- Prior knowledge and/or experience advising high performance work groups
- Experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Flexible and adaptable to change; can handle pressure in a calm manner
- Conscientious, reliable and punctual
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, E-Mail)Able to dive into data and determine insights
- Hard work ethic with a keen ability to learn quickly
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong company leader
- Ability to multitask and set priorities; strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work overtime, as well as mandatory weekends
Whats it like to work at MOO?
MOOs the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
Thats why we offer 23 days PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, MOO stock option program, paid parental leave and well cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. Well also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too. Finally, well treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesnt discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class