Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
The Operations Specialist will get to the heart of the ButcherBox business, managing our fulfillment process to ensure our members’ boxes are packed with accuracy and care. Through excellent collaboration and problem-solving, this person will work closely with our 3PLs to drive efficiencies within our operations and strengthen our vendor relationships.
We are look for someone who is a strong communicator, proactive, and excited to handle the unexpected to join the team!
- Manage our member order fulfillment process by ensuring daily order distribution to our fulfillment centers
- Communicate with fulfillment centers daily to review operations, order fulfillment, variations to fulfillment plan and identify & resolve raised issues -- be a main point of contact for the fulfillment centers
- Track fulfillment KPIs and work with the fulfillment centers to drive improvements
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to coordinate weekly carrier optimization, track actual vs. expected delivery times, and identify and work to resolve issues in the carrier network
- Work closely with the Engineering team to improve order fulfillment platforms & resources
- Communicate with the Customer Support and Customer Experience teams to address operations and logistics issues
- Represent the operations team in cross-functional groups within ButcherBox
- NOTE: This is a Boston based position, not field-based
- Very strong Excel skills
- Able to work well in both an independent and team environment
- Thrives in a member obsessed, fast-paced, environment where everyone takes accountability for their work
- BA or similar degree -- supply chain focus is a plus
- Professional or internship experience in Supply Chain, Operations or similar
- Experience working with (as a user) large amounts of data
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. All of our thoughts and actions revolve around the lenses of our core values, which are accountable, authentic, humble, relentless improvement, and member-obsessed. We also value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, employee stock options, and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From