Wayfair is looking for an experienced operations research professional to tackle large scale and complex optimization problems with immediate impact on our operations. We seek an individual who can think through creative strategies to develop and execute solutions to keep Wayfair efficient as we scale.
The successful candidate will lead a team of operations research analysts and engineers tackling large-scale and real-time optimization problems in our supply chain and beyond, including:
- Network design
- Inventory management
- Warehouse operations
- Call center scheduling
We are looking for an individual capable of thinking outside of the box about operational challenges, who wants to try new approaches and challenge traditional models all while focusing on bringing a best-in-class experience to our global customers.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement algorithms for strategic and operational decision making
- Develop production software tools to automate and optimize Wayfair's operations
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders to determine requirements for our optimization tools
- Identify opportunity areas for future improvements in Wayfairs operations.
What you'll need:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years professional experience in Operations Research or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of linear programming and mixed-integer programming
- Ability to tailor communications to level and background of the audience
- Experience implementing models with AMPL, R, Matlab, or similar
- Experience using Python, C++, Java, or similar
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with large real-world data sets
- The ability to define and structure an approach to loosely-defined problems
- Software development experience
- Supply chain experience