Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are presently seeking a talented and self-motivated Operations Process Technician to work in our Operations department. The ideal candidate will have strong production experience, a thorough understanding of process control and quality assurance with relevant mechanical and electrical skills.
The Operations Process Technician will be responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining equipment used to manufacture print materials for our 3D printing systems
- Monitoring product quality and helping to root cause & systematically eliminate quality issues
- Executing maintenance tasks and fixing breakdowns on manufacturing equipment
- Lab testing and quality analysis of raw & processed 3D printing materials
- Testing and assembling packaging
- Tracking inventory levels of raw & packaging materials
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in manufacturing, operations or a related field
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience of quality control & quality management systems
- Detailed, procedural oriented
- Interest in 3D printing
- Written and oral communication skills
- Polymer manufacturing and extrusion process
- Understanding of basic electrical/electronic systems
- Process troubleshooting
- Lean Six Sigma (or equivalent) tools
- 5S operations
- Chemical handling
- 3D printing hands on experience
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.