Office Tour Photos
This role is embedded within the "Technology Experience" team, a group that continues to grow and find ways to simplify how this Fortune 500 company works. In service of our continued growth and expanding employee base, this team is responsible for ensuring all employees have a positive, productive, and effective interaction with IT. We, at Wayfair, are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
We expect this manager to have the ability to develop, configure, test and maintain enhancements and applications built on Wayfairs ServiceNow platform. This role is expected to attract the type of person, with the right technical and interpersonal skill set, who feels comfortable guiding our development team through roadblocks, complexity, and newly introduced ServiceNow platform functionality.
What you will do:
- 60% - Provides mentoring and guidance for our ServiceNow Developers, creating growth opportunities by conducting technical reviews and assessments of work, sharing knowledge and experience, and ensuring adherence to best practices. This would include managing the team of ServiceNow developers, with responsibilities in improving weekly sprint velocity.
- 20% - Building new functionality and configuration across the entire ServiceNow instance, executing all required development lifecycle steps, including Incident resolution.
- 10% - Assists Business Analysts in estimating story level of effort, providing necessary guidance to enable our development team to complete all assigned sprint work.
- 10% - Maintain updated knowledge of product capabilities, staying ahead of upcoming ServiceNow functionality, which we can advertise to our stakeholders.
Who You Are
- Experience leading technical implementations within the ITSM (Incident/Problem/ Change/Request/Knowledge/Asset/SLA) and ITOM (Discovery/CMDB) modules.
- Experience building ServiceNow integrations (SOAP, REST, Powershell, XML)
- Experience with the technical aspects of the platform: UI - Actions/Policies/Macros, Business Rules, AJAX calls, Widget development, ACLs, Workflows, Variables
- Platform Administration experience, including: Managing - Users/Groups/Roles, Notifications, Transform Maps, Scheduled Jobs, Schedules, Instance Cloning, Setting up MID Servers, Backup and Restore, and Table/Form management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members. Including performance issues.
- A working knowledge of relational database concepts and MSSQL
- Nice to have:Direct experience with stakeholder management from requirements gathering to UAT to post-production verification and close-out of projects
- Nice to have:Experience in the following modules: HR, SecOps, Discovery, ITOM
- Nice to Have:Understanding of how to build self-service oriented management tables
- Nice to have:Experience with ServiceNow Mobile
- Nice to have: Experience with on an Agile development team
- Nice to have: Strong understanding of industry-standard systems that integrate to ServiceNow
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From