Operations Manager - Personalization
Spotify aims to make every listening session more engaging through personalization and discovery; in this role, youd help multiple product teams work together to combine our understanding of the world of music with our 100M+ users unique tastes and preferences, helping music fans listen for longer, find new artists they love, and come back to Spotify more often.
We seek an Operations Manager to help us grow, organize, and nurture the team working on personalization. You will play an active role in shaping the new music economy. Our organization of engineers, designers, and product managers are located between Boston and New York.
If you enjoy fast-paced high energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music, and have a track record of successfully building digital businesses, this is the role for you.
What youll do
- Youll act as the teams chief operator responsible for the daily operation of the 100+ person team working closely with the Directors of Engineering, Product and Design
- Youll craft the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams connect with our objectives
- Youll ensure the team rhythm is clear and maintains a healthy cadence
- Youll operate the budget, forecasting & hiring plan
- Youll ensure smooth and effective onboarding of new members to the team
- Youll support all needs around work environment including work space, tools, events and scheduling in collaboration with the Human Resources team
- Youll engage with teams to provide specific program-level leadership support when needed, and help us grow that expertise in the team over time
- Youll work closely with leads in every functional area to champion continuous improvement and the learning culture of the organization.
- Youll assist teams in discovery and evangelism of best practices in operational process
- Youll bring learning opportunities to the team
- Youll be based in Boston with potential travel up to 15%
- Youll embrace our culture and find the delicate balance of order and chaos
Who you are
- You have lead project management or operations organizations effectively
- You have the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- You have project management skills: 7+ years of experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, manage multiple priorities and deliver on-time results
- You have the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You have proven experience running highly effective teams that deliver products and have fun while doing it
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You understand what agile is all about
- You are extremely organized, even when youre not in control
- You are anxious to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You make those around you successful
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.