Office Tour Photos
Workbar enables businesses, entrepreneurs, and freelancers to grow, thrive and achieve more. Are you collaborative, curious, and eager to support a diverse community of enterprise teams, small businesses, startups and freelancers? Join the Workbar Team!
Workbar, Boston’s original coworking space, is accelerating its expansion within New England. We are really excited about having someone awesome join our team as the Operations Manager of our New England market.
Visit www.workbar.comto learn more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Workbar is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial Operations professional to join our fast growing coworking company. Reporting directly to Workbar’s General Manager, the ideal candidate is a highly-organized and disciplined leader capable of driving profitable growth and off the charts employee and member satisfaction. You will manage a regionally-distributed team and assist in enhancing our operational processes as we continue to scale. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the operations of multiple locations and its’ team members by driving operational processes across all locations with an eye on consistently improving our employee and member experience.
- Effectively advocate on behalf of our team of Community Managers to ensure they have the tools to have a fun and productive work experience. Consistently communicate job expectations and progress to goals.
- Recruit, hire and train all incoming Community Managers.
- Support the Community Manager team in making decisions regarding the operational, financial and community engagement performance of their location.
- Ensure the accuracy of account and billing information in Workbar’s system.
- Assist GM in managing the P&Ls, forecasting and budgeting for our portfolio of locations.
- Conduct quality control walkthroughs and address immediate issues with the Community Managers.
- Create and maintain the Workbar Physical Standards. Ensure all locations are compliant with the Workbar Physical Standards
- Drive reporting on location performance, process improvements and roadblocks to success.
- Continuously develop best practices for controllable OpEx reductions
- Facilitate project management on new location openings after construction to ensure location is fully operational on day one and beyond.
- Assist in the development of an operational PlayBook to be used for all new location openings
- Together with the Management Team and Community Manager Team, organize and execute Community building efforts to drive member retention and satisfaction by:
- Supporting Community Manager’s efforts to develop relationships with members.
- Speaking with members and attending events regularly to build relationships.
- Being a resource for Community Managers to help connect members across all locations.
- Ensure field compliance on all sales and marketing initiatives including CRM database management (Salesforce).
- Manage and communicate membership inventory, ensuring locations are always show ready.
- Strategize with Community Managers on space projects to maximize location objectives.
- Strategize with General Manager to come up with new revenue streams to help grow the business where possible.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, advanced degree(s) a plus.
- 5+ years of operations experience in hospitality, food and beverage, property management or other related field.
- Community development experience with proven ability to organize and bring people together.
- Experience managing and coaching people, ideally in a multi-location business.
- Experience opening new business units preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high emotional intelligence.
- General IT wherewithal.
- You are motivated by delighting customers, driving new business and achieving goals.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit. Workbar is growing and each employee is given significant responsibility and autonomy. You will be expected to pitch in and assist the entire team as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
If this position is of interest to you, please apply by submitting the following:
- LinkedIn URL.
- A brief cover letter which is CUSTOMIZED to show why you are a great match for this role
- Your salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time