ClearSky data is looking for a skilled and passionate Operations Engineer to help design, build and grow ClearSky’s high-performance, secure and fully-managed service that spans across multiple clouds and data centers.
The person in this role will join an awesome team and have the opportunity to solve complex and diverse problems. ClearSky offers a collaborative work environment that encourages team members to grow and develop in their careers.
As we continue to grow and expand our core service offerings, the Operations Engineer will help automate, operationalize, orchestrate, secure, scale and monitor the 24x7, service delivery platform. This individual will also automate the configuration of both on-prem and cloud-based systems and integrate them with continuous delivery pipelines.
The Operations Engineer will join the Service Delivery team and will report to the Director of Engineering.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, computer science, or other technically related discipline as well as 7 or more years of software development and/or systems operations experience. In addition, the candidate will have at least 2 years of prior service deployment and delivery experience for SaaS platforms including: AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google. Additionally, familiarity with working in a 24x7 support environment within a startup will be particularly valuable.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following:
Linux/Unix administration including:
- Release engineering (pipelines, packaging, repos, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Linux OS internals (drivers, devices and file systems)
- Strong networking background
- GIT, Jenkins and Jira
- Automation/configuration management using tools like: Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Using a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Hands-on coding experience in Shell and other scripting languages
Additionally, experience with of any of the following is a plus:
- Docker or similar containerization platform
- IT operations best practices for a 24x7 service environment
- Coding in Python