As an Associate with the Stanley + Techstars Accelerator, you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the world. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three month program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
This role is responsible for the administrative duties and operational execution throughout the duration of the accelerator program. Logistics experience as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must. This role is a temporary, full time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Coordinate the scheduling of mentors, corporate partners, founders, and sponsors visits
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Event planning
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
- 1-3 years in fast-paced project or program management focused position
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, and insurance. Interest in an operational or programmatic role in this area is also valued.
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Currently live in Hartford, CT or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
- Jay Kapoor - My Summer as a Techstars NYC Associate
- Dirk Lehmann - Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald - Learn More Faster
- Anthony Marnell - Techstars New York: A Reflection
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,600 companies with a market cap of $18 billion.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
More Jobs From